WELCOME TO DISTRICT ELECTION OFFICER, EAST DISTRICT
Under section 13AA of Representation of People Act 1950, the Election Commission India appoints District Election Officer in consultation with the State Government in each district in a state. He shall coordinate and supervise all work in the district or in the area within his jurisdiction in connection with the preparation and revision of the electoral rolls for all parliamentary, assembly and council constituencies within the district. District Election Officer, East district is supported by the Election Cell headed by Under Secretary along with other staff. The administrative machinery includes ERO, AERO, SO and BLO.
Roles & Responsibility
- DISTRICT ELECTION-COMMISSION
- To coordinate and supervise all the work in connection with the preparation and revision of electoral rolls. (Section 13AA of RP Act 1950)
- To coordinate and supervise all the work of conduct of election in the district.(Section 20A of RP Act 1951)
- RETURNING OFFICER
- RO (Sec. 24 of RP Act 1951)-To do all such Acts and things as may be necessary for effectively conducting the elections-over all supervision on election process.
- Assistant RO (Sec. 22 & 23 of RP Act 1951)–ARO, subject to control of RO,competent to perform the functions of the RO. However scrutiny of nominations not to be done by ARO unless the RO is unavoidably prevented from performing the scrutiny.
- SECTOR MAGISTRATE
- PRESIDING OFFICERS